IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for you all on the board. There is an empty RV park that sits right off of I-5. I believe it's between Vader and Toledo. I believe it's called Cowlitz Motel & RV Park. It looks as if it's been closed for quite some time as it is overgrown. How is the fishing around this area of the Cowlitz (any species) and what is the deal with this RV park and how long has it been closed? Any information on this place is greatly appreciated. Mainly, I want to know about the fishing opportunities in this area.

Craig

[ 09-04-2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Tha Big Cheese ]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tha Big Cheese -

Don't know exactly how long the motel has been closed, but I have been driving up to my dad's and uncles places just a mile below there for over 3 years and I have never seen it open. I will talk to some of the locals and try to get a little history for you. As for fishing, the harvest cutthroat trout are in, and they fish for them all over the river, and I see anglers catching them right below the bridge where the park is located. Of course there is 70,000 silver salmon returning to the Cowlitz this fall and plenty of steelhead so angling success could be good. Check out posts by Rapid Roberts (ifish guide) as he knows the Cowlitz River. Mostly all of this area is private property with very limited public access. Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lo-Pro,

I'm very curious about the fishing opportunities in this area as that property is for sale and I have an interest in the land there. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts