IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to do some side drifting from steelhead on the cowlitz at blue creek but I have a prop lower unit on my main. Is it possible to use my main to run up river and use my bow mount minn kota to drift back? Also if it’s possible I’ve got an open seat for anyone that can show me the basics of that style fishing

· Registered
3,619 Posts
I’m looking to do some side drifting from steelhead on the cowlitz at blue creek but I have a prop lower unit on my main. Is it possible to use my main to run up river and use my bow mount minn kota to drift back? Also if it’s possible I’ve got an open seat for anyone that can show me the basics of that style fishing
Does that open seat require ability to row?

Seriously, not a good idea.

· Registered
8,339 Posts
I do remember the guy with the Trophy with twin outboards that made it through the chute! :ROFLMAO:

Really though at winter flows it depends on the boat. I know a guy with a 14 footer with a 25 horse out board that runs all over during the summer chasing steelhead.

· Registered
157 Posts
You could fish the Blue Creek boat launch stretch, but I wouldn't run up or down from there with a prop main motor.

· Registered
507 Posts
The Bayliner Trophy mentioned above. I remember on his way down he drug his props through the chute just above Blue Crk. Was not able to get back to the launch on his own. You could fish with a prop out front of the boat launch, but I would'nt leave that stretch. It's no secret, that's where the majority of the fish are caught anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts