IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well started the Cowlitz last week, and had some action on saturday. Kevin hit a May 3rd limit of summer steelhead...9#-14# by 8:00 a.m. and we added a couple springers to the box by noon.

It will only get better for summer steelhead from here on out....

Forecast is for "numbers like last summer, with talk of more 3 hatchery steelhead limits" :cheers:

[ 05-07-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks Bob! :cheers:

[ 05-05-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Timber Man ]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
What were you guys fishing with? for steelies and nooks?

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Timber Man,
That Steelie on the left looks to have an adipose :whazzup: Is the Cow a nate retention fishery? :shrug: or am I seeing background debris? Gotta love double limits :grin:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Rapid Robert,
After a close study it appears to be some bush background :shrug: Nice day you two had and some great pics :cheers:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Fshklr- I don't bonk native steelhead! But I do see what you are talking about in the pic...TM :grin:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey David, thought your luck was changing.....how you been?

[ 05-06-2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Jeez Bob, steeleis already?! Your're a fish magnet! We're patiently waiting for our local springer season to open ("open, open, open,"). It's funny how people scrutinize a picture whenever it's posted too! Alabama = Price-less

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Robert- I hope you are right on your rosy forecast for Cowlitz summers....I am skeptical as the summer counts over Willamette Falls are NOTHING like the past 3 yrs!!! I'd guess the low water year two years ago made for some tough out-migration for the young steelies.

HC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts