IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm heading up to blue creek area in the morning. never fished here before and was wondering if anybody has any reports and advice for a new guy banking it.

thank you,
cb :tongue:

G

·
Blue Creek is not a pretty sight! Sure there are a lot of fish caught there but the sheer numbers of fishermen makes it combat fishing at it's worst.

Guess it's even worse in the winter.
Good luck and expect crowded conditions and some unpleasant people.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
The crowds are down, the fishing has been a little slow. I saw about 1/4 the about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Take the Hwy 12 East exit off I-5,go right on Hwy 12... then it's 6.5 miles to Ethel..... there you'll see a big brown sign
(it says Cowlitz river trout hatchery & Blue creek boat launch)....turn right on Tucker road and follow brown signs to Blue Creek launch & parking lot....fishing has slowed a little but the crowds are smaller too....still lots of fish in the river. :cheers:

[ 08-10-2003, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Robert, is there enough water in the river to run up from the drift boat take out? Yes, I would be in a sled that frequents the river. Just have not been there in about three weeks. Starting to get the shakes so I may have to go.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Snapshot,
You don't need much water with your boat. Just put it on plane and poor the coals to it! :tongue:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
snapshot, the river is running 2500 cfs.
So you can run up from Mission Bar, just watch some of the tailouts are getting pretty skinny, pick the deepest seam when floating down or running up. :shocked:
You can also run down from Blue Creek, just make sure no one else is running up stream thru the slot. Stay in the center of the slot when runnning down and don't come off plane till after you make the corner :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts