IFish.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always had good luck asking for recommendations on here so I’ll try again!

Looking to tear out our wood deck and replace with a concrete pad and cover it with a wood patio cover. Total size is about 378 square feet of pad and coverage. Looks like it will all have to be permitted as well. Anyone have a contractor recommendations in the Beaverton area?

I also don’t mind acting as my own general contractor and hiring out each major component. Already working with a framer to possibly build the cover, then finding a roofer and concrete company.

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
Don’t know your location or codes but if the project doesn’t connect to the house, you may not need permits. We replaced and enlarged a driveway plus large connecting pad, several hundred sq ft with no permit.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Allied Awning did an awesome job at a reasonable price on my patio cover. He doesn't do concrete, though.

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,615 Posts
Did you see Bobber Downey Jr’s patio cover in the 2021 Official Winter Storm thread? Gorgeous!

Also, do you have your mind made up that you are going to do a wood structure? We had a 14’ x 26’ aluminum cover installed about 15 years ago. I still believe that it has been one of our best home improvement additions to date. I hit it once a year with the pressure washer and other than that, it is maintenance free. I like the long “skylights”. Originally, I planned to install it myself, but since it came in a GAGILLION parts, I broke down and paid to have it installed by the same company I bought it from.

If aluminum would be an option, I can take some better pictures and dig up the company we used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tt3886

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Did you see Bobber Downey Jr’s patio cover in the 2021 Official Winter Storm thread? Gorgeous!

Also, do you have your mind made up that you are going to do a wood structure? We had a 14’ x 26’ aluminum cover installed about 15 years ago. I still believe that it has been one of our best home improvement additions to date. I hit it once a year with the pressure washer and other than that, it is maintenance free. I like the long “skylights”. Originally, I planned to install it myself, but since it came in a GAGILLION parts, I broke down and paid to have it installed by the same company I bought it from.

If aluminum would be an option, I can take some better pictures and dig up the company we used.

I have customers that have patio covers like this one. They are very nice and easy to clean. The only issue I have seen with them, is the guttering system. Not a lot of room with the small channel type gutters I've seen them use, to get in there and clean things out, unless you can go with a more traditional 5-K type gutter.

Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,615 Posts
I have customers that have patio covers like this one. They are very nice and easy to clean. The only issue I have seen with them, is the guttering system. Not a lot of room with the small channel type gutters I've seen them use, to get in there and clean things out, unless you can go with a more traditional 5-K type gutter.

Good luck with your project!
Yeah, I guess that is one of the only drawbacks I can think of, but I’ve never had an issue with mine.

·
Registered
667 Posts
We went with wood. Pretty much just a hay barn with our ideas incorporated. We were pouring a patio so the 6x6's and structure were built before pouring the cement. Gutters get an annual flush with power-washer and they are good to go. Need to replace the moisture barrier under the metal roof as it's getting ratty but other than that wouldn't change a thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess another good question would be is what companies can produce the permit drawings that I could hand over to a builder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sent you a pm because I don't think I can post a direct link.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts