IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Originally posted by ******:
It's in Oregon City. :wink:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Uh, right, Saasquatch! :rolleyes:

A shad rack looks like a folding wooden laundry rack and it's used for sorting shad by size.

No, wait! That's not right, either.

The shad rack is a spot in the Columbia, below Bonneville, where, earlier in the year the shad fishing is very good - in part because there are lots of pilings in the river bottom that creates a current break. It's also a dangerous spot because the current is strong and the river bottom is chalkboard smooth and hard to anchor in. It's one of those places it's best to fish from someone else's boat the first couple times so you understand the dangers and are prepared for the worst of Columbia's vicious currents.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hooked four yesterday at Bonneville but only landed one and it had all of it's fins. I think they were all Steelies but not positive. Out smarted me again. It was a great day, beats the heck out of mowing the lawn. :laugh: And before anyone asks, it was red all the way...red blade, red beads and red tubing. Just sharin to be sharin.

Have a great day,
Finnman

·
Registered
309 Posts
Finnman,
How was the current up at bonne, were you close to the dam or down by the shad rack? Sounds like a great day. Seems that one common denominator for these summers is red. Lots of people reporting fish with either red tips of blades, red prism tape, or red beads, well I guess that I better make sure I have some red in the ole tackle box for this weekend. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Down by the shad rack. Lots of current. Have fun, be safe.

Finnman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts