IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to one or both NEXT weekend(19th-20th). First time at either. Anybody with any experience fishing these two lakes? Does one or the other have less waterskiers? :smile: Are they nice clear water lakes or murky water? How about wind? How about the ramps? My boat is a lightweight 16' Smokercraft, so they don't have to be perfect but I've seen some doozies!

I'm also without fishing buddy this weekend so would be glad to have some company if someone wants to go trollin' trollin' trollin'!

[ 07-09-2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: trollin4trout ]

·
Registered
641 Posts
Couger is still closed.
I was at blue river res 2 weeks ago. The waterskiers and such dont wake up until about noon. Its a big resivour so you wont have trouble finding your own little area to fish. There is a primitave ramp right when you enter the resivour, and at the north end is a public ramp that cost 3 american dollars to use. The best fishing is just up from that ramp in the narrows, or about 1/2 mile down on the west side bank. I used school of minows and a green wedding ring and hooked some. It gets really hot there in the afternoon, so I would recomend getting there real early. The public ramp is only 1 lane wide, so beat the crowds of those shinny ski boats. You might consider camping on shore. Find a nice spot, tie up the boat and enjoy that area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts