IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To put it best... the Coos river has been on fire this week.
Dad (now retired :grin: ) fished three days thsi past week, Tues, Wed, Thurs and boated 24 salmon... 19 adults and 5 jacks.
Needless to say I was pretty excited to get back on the water Sat.

We started off the day with this nice 25# chromer.. infact we didn't even get all four lines in the water!

Doug finishes off the first tach with this nice three year old!

still pretty early...

Dad was up next and mamaged to squeak this nice three year old into the box!

Steve jumps back in turn and boats the biggest fish of the day a nice 29# pound hen.

And yes they let me play too.

After a nice lunch.. canned salmon sandwiches.. dad puts this nice pig in the boat

we ended up hooking 11 fish landed 7 all adults...

not a bad day! There was a good bite most of the incoming tide in the Marshfield channel... we saw maybe 20 other fish caught for 100 boats

and yes the new little was on board as well...

[ 09-07-2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: TH ]

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Awesome!!

Just talked to a buddy who spent the weekend down in Gold Beach...still a slaughter going on down there..2 days of limits, smallest 25.5 lbs!!

And here I sit............................................

TR

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No boat yet?

We are going to have a new boat built this winter.... I always fear misssing something.. but figure the witer is the best time to be w/o a big boat? Just hope its done before springer season!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Great pics and great fish. Congrats to you all!! :cheers: Sure a lot better than up here this weekend!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Way to go TH

What a fine day on the water, thanks for sharing it with us :cheers:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Travis,

congrats on the fish. Have the coho started to show yet? That sure was fun last year even though we didn't get a keeper. How big is your freezer? :wink:

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
nice fish! sounds like the south coast is really heating up! Was it mostly a Herring bite, spinner, kwikie, what? congrats!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No Coho Ram .. to my knowledge anyway
As for bait.. its a herring show for us, both plug cut (blues) and we run the smaller "blue" baits in the try as hole herring.. off a sliding front hook and a treble, ala Rogue spinner-bait style w/o the spinner.. you shoul dsee those suckes spin! :smile:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
We saw ya on the river, but didn't want to yell across another boat fishing. We did pretty well also on sunday after a day full of hunting on saturday. I was in the boat 5 min. and nailed a nice 25 lber to the wall, dad got a 15, and we lost several others. The fishing was hot, that's for sure. There was always someone around that had one on. Did you hear what the big fish was??? Last I knew it was around 34 lbs. Anyhow, are you guys fishing the coquille tourney this weekend?? I might take a weekend off hunting and go for the gusto on it.

tc

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Nice fish!! I sure miss that area, I used to live about five minutes from where you guys were fishing. This time of year was always great on the South coast.

Scott

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good eye T-Jet...
soak your herring in that before you plug cut them and you'll be ready! :smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts