IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be taking my boat down to the Coos for the first time this weekend. Saw the recent post where they talked about trolling herring, but anything else I should know about the area? Reports, what to use etc. We will be fishing from a sled sat and sun.

Thanks a lot,

AL

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
How much do you know about the area (road locations)? Basically I can describe it but don't want to type useless stuff you might already know.

tc

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
The fishing report is pretty good. People are catching fish from the Marshfield Channel up to the forks in the river pretty consistantely. Mostly what people are using is trolling a whole/cutplug herring. Some are using small flashers in front, some aren't. In the last two days my dad has hooked 8 fish. Mostly in the morning. I would start either at the Marshfield channel or Sause Bros. and work upriver from there. Good luck.

tc

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
This has been my home river this year
My retired dad is over 60 fish the last three weeks..
My uncle a guide is well over 80
Dad hooked 7 landed 5 today fished until 1:00 or so
fish the channel, cut herring, stay on the bottom. sort lead dropper, 8-10" spin tight bait, fish flash if you'd like, we ctach fish wit hand w/o.
Should be an excellent weekend with a great incoming high AM tide.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy I am going with used to live in that area so he knows some locations, boat ramps etc. I was just looking for mainly a fishing report and what peoiple are using.

Thanks again,

AL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts