IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sort of been out of the loop doing a lot of traveling. I have a question regarding coonstripe shrimp. There was a fellow on this board a couple of months ago wanting to know if anyone wanted to go in on some. He said for those that were interested to e-mail him (which I did) and he'd give us all the skinny on the situation. Has anyone heard from him? Geez, I hope he's not dead.
So, if he can't produce.....Does anyone else have a source for those tasty little buggers they'd like to disclose. An e-mail is fine...I understand.
Thanks in advance,
Ragnar

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Ragner, are you talking about Tiger Shrimp? Tiger Shrimp are a large freshwater shrimp that can be bought at the seafood department in a good grocery store. Add a little Old Bay seasoning to them, and steam over beer....gota to go,,,I'll be in the kitchen if you need me :grin:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Coons are different than tiger shrimp. I was diving up in Pugent sound last fall and the little buggers where all over the bottom. They particularly liked to climb on my arms and back and go for a ride. They looks beautiful under water.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Ragnar, I believe that post my have been deleted because of the legality of supplying the shrimp the way the poster was suggesting, a commercial license was needed.

Smj

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I see the legal scernario. That makes sense. I have found that fellow ifisher's email and asked him again "what's the scoop?"
Tiger prawns are usually from Asia. In certain fisheries, these coonstripe shrimp are "it."
Any one else know where I can get them in quantiy?
Thanks
Ragnar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts