IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grabed two neighbors yesterday and ran to Coon Is. for a little fun.
I think God gave us shad to restore faith for the spring salmon fisherman. :grin:
Anyway, we got there about 4pm and anchored in 14 ft. One guy was using a silver flicker spinner---10 minutes----HARD TAKEDOWN---- It 's a springer. Now the fish ain't big, but it's on 6 lb test and an ultralite rod :shocked: . It played for a long time, maybe 20 minutes or so. I grabed it with the net as we just knew that that tiny hook couldn't hold much longer. Nice REALLY bright clipped 6.5 lbs. What a hoot. :laugh: :laugh:
Oh, the shad. We moved 3 times and got in a groove for a short time. Got 8 crab baits in the boat, lost about 10 or so. Quit about 7pm.
Terry

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Wouyldnt that be a hoot if you could only have a rod out for shad and another out for one of them hogs??!!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
congrads on the salmon u have to like um...

actually u can fish shad and salmon at the same time......heres what i do....

use a 3' leader and a wobbler on the hook of the wobber tie another 2' of your favorite lite line.....then tie your dick nite or whatever ...that way your fishing fo both... :grin: :grin:

[ 06-12-2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: husker ]

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey Terry:

Congrats on the Salmon I wish I would have been there early enough to see that fight. Thanks for the live report. We filled our bucket and headed in. Gary's daughter was having a great time reeling the Shad in. :cool:

Z's-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts