IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
119,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds great! But don't you have any willierower bass recipes?

Jen

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Jennie, You too??? Man Oh Man, Evryone is giving me a hard time about fishing for Bass. As for Bass recipes....... I dont eat them, just catch them.
Carploaf is an old world recipe. I can be used for many things. We will let RVW tell you.

[ 08-31-2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: willierower ]

·
Administrator
119,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bassloaf.

Actually... does anyone keep bass anymore?
I don't even know the regs. I've always released them.

Except for one... a long time ago!

J

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Eat Bass? :laugh:

Stuff an old leather boot with two large bass filets, bake @ 450 dgrees for three hours, throw the bass away, eat the boot.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
"Carploaf is an old world recipe. It can be used for many things. We will let RVW tell you."

Well, right off the top of my head, it will help you get your kids off to college sooner!

Willierowers recipe keeps the neighborhood dogs and inlaws away, makes great chum for skulpin, and an excellent gift for houseguests you never want to see again.

Oh, and if you have one of those room-mates that apparently thinks anything in the fridge THEY didnt buy tastes better than what they did? A nice big slice completely covered with home-made gravy and complimented with some tasty side-dishes will CURE the habits of the "fridge bandits" for sure.

Its an excellent, very powerful laxative. It will strip the shine off any aluminum boat in preparation for paint.
Trying to sell the recipe to Dr Atkins as the primary staple in his new diet plan...weight loss guaranteed, or the carploaf and its antidote are FREE!

[ 08-31-2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Row Vs. Wade ]

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
You mean B2F didnt get you with the "floated bloaters"? :grin:

Your appetite will return, and the recipe will still be here somewhere in deep space.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Sounds yummy RVW,
I'll take mine with a side of fry's and pickles.
:cheers: :grin: :cheers:

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
A member mentioned that its been too long since a "PPP" (palatte pleasing post) was made, so Ive whipped up a simple recipe which proved to be a hit on the boat yesterday (especially when the fishing is slow and Willierower wont shut up about the carp he's been catching)

"Steelhead sandwiches"...
Simple,affordable, excellent..(seems I read that on a HUGE bill I got from some company lately...this recipe lives up to the words)

A variation from yesterdays fare, but good none-the-less
Merinate some fresh steel or coho in a plastic bag for a couple days in the fridge. Olive oil, salt, dillweed, garlic (juicy garlic!) lemon, black pepper and some balsamic vinegar.

BBQ the fish as you would, and have it for dinner...good stuff, but take the leftovers and put them in the fridge overnight.

When you wake up to go fishing really early in the AM, try not to look at willierowers gift "carploaf" in the fridge and take the steelhead or coho leftovers out and bone them gently crumble into big flakes/chunks. Add minced garlic, mayo (a little lighter than your used to) and a diced onion. To this add a couple tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and mix it all gently so the fish doesnt turn to mush (or resemble the carploaf that the cats are struggling to eat)

Soften a sourdough bagette in the microwave for a few seconds and slice it open. Layer the top with thin sliced provalone or havarti and thin sliced cucumbers on the bottom, this will keep the mayo and vinegar from seeping into the bread before they are eaten. Add the fish mixture (sliced avacado is good too in this sandwich) Fold the top bread over the bottom and slice into two inch sandwiches which are easy to handle on the boat.

Bon-apetite

[ 08-31-2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Row Vs. Wade ]

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Those Sanwiches were good!!!!!

Im marinating some Halibut with the recipe you gave me yesterday. I cant wait o toss that on the grill.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey RVW, can I put in a request for one of those sandwiches? :wink: Wow. :cheers:

You've got to be kidding about the carploaf? Or is this some kind of chum block that you need to keep refrigerated before using on your next fishing trip? :shrug: What do you attract with it, bloated floaters?
:laugh:

[ 08-31-2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Born to Fish ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts