IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Any shrimp recipes? We're going to be eating fresh spot prawns tonight (if everything goes as planned).

A little tip on the peppers (I really like peppers). After you char the skin, put them in a zip-lock bag and seal it up for about 10 minutes. The skins will just rub off, no need to peel tediously with a paring knife.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yes, shrimp are better the simpler you prepare them. I like a light olive oil marinade and a quick fry in a hot pan. A spicy (hot) boil is a great way too, just don't overcook them.

It's a false alarm anyway. They closed recreational shrimping in the San Juans July 6, but the commercials have their pots out. :mad:

You can go to the Canadian side and take 200 per license. We went over to the Gulf Islands yesterday near Sidney and "paid our dues". We got a few, but were too deep most of the time and got some kind of little lobster thing. By the time we talked to the locals and found out they were shallower than we were used to, we ran out of time for a haul. I think it's late in the season anyway and they've been hit pretty hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.