IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need contest ideas for ifish.
I would like to do one that honors contributing members, and members who work to help our fishery, and members who have been around for a while. (Not necessarily all together, or in that order.

COTR came up with the corky one, and that was AWESOME, I thought!

Any other neat ideas?

Here is some incentive! If I do your contest, you will get a prize, too!

:smile:
Jen

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Here's my idea:

Take a Mag Wart (not Wiggle Wart) and "customize" it with your painting talents. Who knows, they might actually work!!

I've creatively put together some weird looking spinning rigs for walleye and some funky corky set-ups for steelies, so why not "design" your own Mag Wart?

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds fun, but ones that require judging are always tough.

I'd like a contest where there is no judging involved.

'' but that does sound fun!
Jen

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
How about obscure fishing related trivia?

Users could email you with fishing related trivia questions (and awnsers) and you could pick and choose one or some to use for a contest. First one to post the correct awnser gets the prize. (No hints on where to look.)

Stuff like: How much does a fishing licence cost in Norway?

UG

[ 04-15-2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
How about testing their fishing rod knowledge. Place rod on a table or floor, something without reference points and have members guess the length. As we all know from posts of pictures of salmon, they can be manipulated to look bigger by the distance from the camera.

Good luck
Scott

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
A couple more thoughts...

I would think that the person sending in the question would have to email you with a question, an awnser, and a link to verify the awnser.

Heck, I would even volunteer to sort through the questions and verify the answers for you if you want. :smile: Sounds like fun.

UG

[ 04-15-2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
I like the trivia idea but maybe we take it to the next level. A 50 to 100 question quiz that could include navigation, identifying spieces, terminology, lure identification, NW fishing history, fishing laws, etc. Theres a whole world of topics available.

This test would be hard enough that it would require some research. Might even learn something.

You could place a post a week in advance letting everyone know when the test would be available on line so that everyone would start at the same time. You would have one week to research and finish. Best score wins. Would have to develop a play off in case of a tie. How about a fish off?

Might be willing to help develop the test if the Willamette continues to stay muddy.

Pearl

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
what is the weight of the leads?
what size are the hooks?
how many herring nose clips?

just a few thoughts

jeff

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
How about a treasure hunt, where we have to go to biz locations of ifish sponsors and get a stamp/trinket sing a log/whatever. That way you can take ifishers into businesses to link us up(of course we already go to them). Then those completing all destinations are good for a special drawing.

Rose City motorcycle club does an entire tour of Oregon each year. Theirs isn't a short contest as it takes you to all corners of Oregon. For us it could be astoria, bonneville, T-mook, whiskey creek, ODFW etc...

gus

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
How about naming some of the old dogs that are no longer posting??

Good game for old dogs that are still here.

2+ years ago

Jet~~~

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
How about another how many Contest
These photo's were originally posted by Salmon Shark #556 under the "Best Plug" thread. Maybe something like this would work?

[ 04-15-2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: FSHKLR ]

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
how about a "raffle" (or two, or three) from among the honor roll? these are the folks who have taken the trouble to help fund ifish.

perhaps raffles for your favorite charities?

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
A contest to see who could make the most post in 1 day would probably crash the server. :shocked:

Who could cast a 12 ounce sinker the farthest might create some damage to the local football field :shocked:

The person that spent the least amount of time on the boat ramp getting the trailer loaded/unloaded would make me happy if I was waiting in line. :wink:

What I would really like is a contest to see who can NOT talk politics or religion on life in general the longest. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: (We could all be winners if that contest was successful :wink: )

[ 04-16-2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Bait O' Eggs ]

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've got one that everyone could easily play and you can adminster without much more than a mouse click:

Pick a week, such as 4/15 throught 4/21 - Have everyone go to the link on the front page for Columbia Dams passage and send you THEIR predictions for how many 'Nooks will go over Bonneville, either daily, a week cumulative, or YTD.

When that week is over, The counts will be posted and the winner easily picked!

You could also do the same for Willamette, although their counts take longer to be posted.

Tom

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Contest ideas:</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Take a newbie fishing contest ~ you take a photo of the newbie, yourself and the fish you taught them how to catch.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">River Cleanup raffle ~ Ifish members go out for a day of fishing and cleaning. You get a raffle ticket for every bag of trash picked up. Drawing held at the end of the event</font>[*]<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Fin clip raffle ~ same as above only at another volunteer event.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Ifish silent auction ~ hold a silent auction over the web of things members donate. People can submit a bid via IM to the onw running the show, who in turn posts the bit annonimously. People who donate are entered into a 50/50 raffle. The other 50% goes to Ifish.</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like Rola76's idea. As far as judging goes, why not post pictures of all the entries and then set up a poll so we ifishers can decide who wins. Most votes takes it. We can do this for spinners, quickfish, warts, etc. Thoughts?

Jeff

1 - 20 of 36 Posts