IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know how good the summer runs can be on the cr, my ? is how is it for winter runs. I just got a new sled and am looking to use it. I hardly ever hear of people fishing it but I'm sure they do.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Hmmmm...good question. Over the years we have caught a few winters on spinners at the mouth of the Lewis. Cold, windy mutha!

·
Registered
757 Posts
If you can stand the cold the mouth of the Sandy can be productive. U20 red Flatfish in 15-18 feet of water seems like the right formula.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured somebody fished them. I might try it down here by cathlamet in my summer run haunt. I would imagine you would use the same lures/bait.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
I've got a spot on the Big C that does very well for steelies in December. It's small, so you'll have to pardon me for being vague about it's location.

I like to fish either U-20 flatfish or shrimp and divers.

I fish pretty shallow, 8 to 12 feet. Look for a shelf or slot below one of the spawning rivers, and I think you'll have a good shot at fish.

I hope you have a heater.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I wasn't looking for anywhere specifically, just wanted to know that I wouldn't be the only one out there. I would imagine with the heavier flows and colder water they would be running a little shallower than in the summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts