IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about the Washougal area, has anyone been bringing in any keepers? With the closure at the end of the month
and the freezer full of salmon I've been targeting gators for the last week out of Ridgefield. On saturday for 4 hours of fishing 4 people we had 2 keepers, and on sunday for 3 hours of fishing for 2 people we had 1 :grin: . All on smelt and in 60 to 75 feet of water. Lots of shakers too.

If anyone has been fishing the powerlines, corbett, or the cape any information would be great. :grin:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I fished the Washougal area last Sun. for abaout 5 hours in the morning. We got 3 shakers to the boat, and saw a couple more brought to other boats. No keepers that we saw :shrug: We may be going again tomarrow. Will post any results. Let's hear from you ifishers about todays bite :smile:

Tight lines to all

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, I guess that from all the responses, the fishing is pretty slow in the Washougal area. Since I have never been accused of being smart :rolleyes: I am leaving in about an hour for the area. I won't be in my boat, so I'm not sure where we are going or where we will end up. I just know we will leave the dock at Washougal. Will post when I get back

Tight lines to all.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Been fishing the corbett and cape horn area with little sucess a 44 keeper earlier this week, more action up by the dam pulled out the bank pools and bonni is hot we took home keepers for all on thursday and friday (sand shrimp on the bank smelt in the boat)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, I don't have much to report. We only fished for about 4 hours at a couple of spots just upstream from the Washougal marina. Ended up with 5 shakers to the boat. My buddy had a good hit that he said felt heavy, but couldn't keep it on long enough to tell too much :shrug: We were useing smelt some w/scent, and some without. Saw a couple of other shakers caught, but that was all. Sounds like up by the dam is the place to be.

Tight lines to all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts