IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent yesterday and today on the Columbia in search of the ever elusive sturgeon. And we found them!! :smile: Over the 2 days, we caught 53 sturgeon anywhere from 15" to 42". Just for the fun of it we kept track of how many we each caught. I caught 31 and my husband caught 23. He caught the 42"er, but put it back because it was a yellowbelly! We caught them about equally on smelt and pickled squid. We had to move a lot to find them, but it was fun once we did! Just a side note, I used one pickled squid all day yesterday, and part of today! It seems to catch the most when it gets to looking like a piece of old chewed bubblegum!! It was a beautiful day :cool: yesterday and today, until the wind started to blow and it looked like we were on the ocean this afternoon :shocked: !!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I fished Trojan a couple of days ago. I used smelt and hooked 13 fish, one was 47 that I graciously took home. YUM YUM :shocked: All of this in less than 2 hours. They were real aggresive.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was no zipperlip location!! :rolleyes: We had to hunt like the dickens to find the fish. We stopped whenever we found depths over 65'. I bet we moved at least 15 times in the 2 days we fished. We started right where the Willamette dumps into the Columbia, and fished all the way down to across from the state park on the Washington side. There was no one hot spot. :depressed:

Dipnet :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts