IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No fish on the Columbia was Safe Today!!!!! :grin:

Took my roommate out from college to strap him into some fine summer hawgs. Over the past few weeks he has caught oversize to big summer chinooks to scapping little sturgeon. He owes me big time! $$$$$$ I told him ol' Carp knows what is going on and to stick with me.
:wink:

We fished out of Woodland today for some big summer beasts. Not too many boats around our little honey hole today, but it is a weekday.

Hooked a nice beast about 25# on a homemade spinner with secret sauce after a little while. It was one heck of a battle and the fish finally was defeated after it realized it was no match only to be released because it too many dang fins. Dang those nasty little natives!!!! :mad: I'll get him when he makes it up to the Snake and I am back in school in a couple months in Pullman.
No pics to show because I don't want to get bashed like others have recently.

Pretty slow today overall for salmon. Didn't see anyone else with a fish on. Current was running good though to keep the lures working nicely.

No Salmon......... Hmmmmm..... Let's try for Sturgeon.

We went sturgeon fishing for probably an hour and probably caught a dozen shakers with one at 40". Man how I wanted to take that mammoth monster home. That baby must have been bred with a tuna the way it fighted.

WE are probably going to give it a try again tomorrow. I'd like one for the freezer. Maybe we'll see some Ifishers out there tomorrow????

Ryan

[ 07-01-2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

·
Registered
993 Posts
MR CARP good job so let us know what color next time put up the pics i here carp have thick skin :grin:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Maybe they put away a 20 piece bucket while they were fishing??

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jealous Salmonator??? :wink:

Get Bent: Gold Blade with red beads

[ 07-01-2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Carp ]

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Post the pics, picture critics are punks, anyway.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,258 Posts
Nope Tilla, wayyyyy to old to be a punk. Native fish belong in the water. Take the picture there. Maybe we need a contest for the best picture of a native fish in the water. Still have the memory and the fish still has its lamellae intact and most of its slime to protect it for the next few months until it spawns. Thank the fish for a wild ride by increasing its chance of survival.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Any day on the water beats a day in the office Carp... guess where I was! :depressed: :depressed: :depressed:

and any day on the water catching a salmon is better than not :grin: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True That 5-Cents!!! :cheers:

So when are you and the clan going to be out again?

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Good job, old Carp my friend.

I hit the ocean today and it was good to us. I am planning on doing some SALMON fishing this Saturday. Where are you going to be? :wink:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
man, have I been slow on the jokes lately :blush: :grin:

[ 07-01-2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Salmonator ]

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Salmonator, criticize me all you want, but those were big shakers. :wink: Where were your shakers???

Quick Fisher was singing the blues because I didn't mention that the fish was caught on his pole with his homemade spinner so now I mentioned it.

FYI, anyone who didn't realize it from the beginning, the feeding frenzy thing was my attempt at a little humor. :wink:

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Ha ha!! Notice I caught on to your joke before you posted. I win!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Salmonator: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Salmonator, check your Private Messages........

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
STGRule,
valid point, valid opinion, and it is yours. But we should not deter contributing photographers. I wasn't sure who he was refering to, but I figure I could flush him out. Fish on! :wink:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tilla: :cheers: :wink:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Carp,

XTC and I are going to be out Thursday, Friday and Saturday on the CR... check your email :grin:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Glenn, you stirred the pot a little there big fella. :grin:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
5-Cents, My brother (MR. Carp) and I might give it a try tomorrow in our honey hole. Maybe we might see some Team Carrot Milk "SHOCK and AWE" :grin: :cheers:
Ross

1 - 20 of 24 Posts