IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went fishing on the Columbia just upriver from the Lewis about 2 miles. Fishing in about 52 feet for two days this last weekend.
On Saturday we had 6 takedowns :dance: with 3 nice 25 to 35 pound URB Chinooks landed. On Sunday we had 2 takedowns with both fish landed, at 25 and 30 pounds each. These fish are much better than some of the tule fish we were catching earlier this last month.
After Deer hunting this weekend we will try it one more week before going to the coast. Good luck we still have fish in the river! :cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
I usually do better on the AM outgoing tide. I started fishing the PM tide earlier in the season to avoid the crowds. The crowds are gone now though. I think the AM has a bigger water exchange...this would be better.

We fished 50' of water the other day. Seems to be the ticket.

Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sublime, the best for us was about 1 hour after the am high tide. Last Saturday we had a bite pretty much all day on the outgoing tide. On Sunday the best was between 1 and 4 hours after high tide. We were about 2 miles upriver from the Lewis in 52 feet of water. Remember to use really sharp hooks to get them to stick. Also put a little herring oil on the Wobblers, it seemed to help a lot.
I have to go and get ready for Deer hunting or I would be getting ready to go fishing in the same place.
Good luck they are still there.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Loosepin ,

Yeah. The fishing is still pretty good on the Columbia for URB's. We ran down to Longview the other day and went 1 for 4. There were very few boats. Plenty of fish around to keep me interested until we get some rain.

Good luck :smile:

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Thinking about heading above the Lewis a little ways on Sat. Morn.

Looks like it's an early morning bite, or afternoon/evening outgoing. Which would be better?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Loosepin, 2 miles would put you near green bouy #7. I don't see 50 feet shown on the river chart. Are you fishing in or very near the channel? Thanks. :smile:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up-4-Air, I just got back from hunting this evening, sorry I could not get back to you sooner. The exact location according to my GPS is 45 48.228 N, 122 47.379 W. This will put you exactly on the fishing spot we have been fishing in 52 feet of water. This is still about 200~300 feet from the shipping channel as a guess. I hope that helps. Good Luck, I hope to be there this weekend one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts