IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be camping / boat fishing in this area next weekend; I have never fished this area before (mouth of the Deschutes is as high up as I've gone). Are the steelhead available in this area now or is it a bit early yet? Walleye? ??? An insight would be appreciated! Fear No Fish?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Chuckdog,
You are in walleye alley. 2 oz. bottom walkers with night crawler harnnesses should do the trick. Look for 18-25 feet of water. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I agree, it's walley city up there. there are some beautiful fish up there. Try to release the big females if you get any, keep the smaller males.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are steelhead kind of out of the question right now? I'd be targeting both but wouldn't waste my time if I knew better... :smile:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It never hurts to try but the darn water is pretty warm. Those steelies like it cool, so with that in mind, the mouth of the Deschutes is a target. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Me and a friend will be there Friday thru Sunday at Boardman. Looking for Mr. Walleye. We are at the Boardman RV and Marina Park Space 49 I think she has us down for. Grey Silverado with a Caribou Camper, Blue Spectrum I/O and hopefully lots of fish to be had. Stop by and say hi if your there. Going to be HOT.
Mark
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts