IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the river temperature nudging over 70 degrees, a few steelhead were landed from the bank today - including my first Columbia River steelhead - about 6 lbs, nate (released) :smile: .

I plunked from just before 7:00 a.m until about 2:00 p.m. For the 20-30 rods in my vicinity I saw 9 of 10 summer steelhead landed - only 3 of them were hatchery. I also saw a beautiful unmarked summer chinook landed (and released) - taken on a plunked spinner.

I got my steelhead on a #6 watermelon spin 'n glo with black wings and a orange prawn tail with shrimp sent. A small half 'n half Michael Jackson/chartreuse corky separated the glo from the prawn. Dark wings seemed to be the common denominator for the fish I saw landed - at least those close enough to gleen what glo pattern was being used.

The gorge was beautiful - a nice westerly breeze to keep you cool. Great day to be out.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Navigator, thanks for the report. I've neglected fishing for way too long and don't see it changing anytime soon. Good luck on the water and keep up the good work.

Thanks, choppers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts