IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OLYMPIA - Effective Saturday (Sept. 29), anglers will again be allowed to catch and
retain chinook salmon from Buoy 10 at the mouth of the Columbia River upstream to
the Hood River Bridge under a new regulation approved today by fishery managers from
Washington and Oregon.

The new regulation allows anglers to retain chinook salmon as part of their daily
limit seven days per week through Dec. 31. Downstream from Bonneville Dam, the new
rule also increases the overall limit to four adult salmon per day - only one of
which may be a chinook - to maximize the catch of abundant hatchery-reared coho
salmon now moving into the Columbia River.

Are there any to catch though???

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sorry to say, i disagree with the opening. If any of you have been watching the counts, the columbia has not rebounded. What happened to those days in the fall when we get over 10,000 fish in a day over the dam. Didn't see one of those this year. I think, keep the river closed and keep all gillnetters out. Stop messing with the chinook, give them a true cycle. The fish barely made it thru this year.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What he said. I can not get all "yipee" over this opening for chinook retention.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Maybe I'm dumb, but knowing there would be lots of hatchery coho, why didn't they increase the limit for them in the ocean this summer? And if there few chinook, why not close the ocean to chinook, but raise the limit on hatchery coho?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This seems like total mis-management. This years run was a bust for me and many others I know. With the low dam counts maybe it's time to let the rest go spawn and look to the future.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Any news on the tribs. Two of us caught a half dozen chinook jacks this morning on the NF Lewis. Hated to put them all back. I can't believe the hatchery needs them for spawning. :shocked: We did catch 4 Coho jacks. :smash:

No adults of any species, though.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Thank God the the late run finally arrived. It seems so wierd that it happened right after the gillnetters got finished with their recent net sets.

Well at least the fish finally arrived and people can stop worrying and crying about the sky falling etc........Get out there EH and have a ball.

BCF out

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Thank God the the late run finally arrived. It seems so wierd that it happened right after the gillnetters got finished with their recent net sets.

Well at least the fish finally arrived and people can stop worrying and crying about the sky falling etc........Get out their EH and have a ball.

BCF out
:agree:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts