IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been fishing URB's the last couple days in the Lower Columbia :shrug:

Information appreciated. Trying to decide on weekend plans.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Terry, fished just above "75" sunday, was windy as all get out, did manage to go 1 for 1, nice little 12 lb hen with sea lice....love that sea lice deep fried!!!! hope that helps.
Roger

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger,

We fished both days last weekend and got 2 fish each day with several other pound downs.

I just think this thing has got to slow down sooner than later except for that Bonneville thing.

Shane - if you read this, have you been doing Tillamook yet? I have read some of the reports from the other "Carrots" and it sounds good from them in those reports. Are you also still going to put time in for URB's on the Columbia as well?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Went out yesterday around Gov. Island went 1-2. Saw only 3 other fish landed for about 12 boats for the 5 hours we fished.

·
Registered
234 Posts
We were out wed.24th. at "75" north of St.Helens.
Dognapper got 2 :cheers: & a driveby & I had 2 driveby's
Be out there tomorrow at first light.

Good fishin; Arch

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Went 2 for three today with a couple not real serious drivebys. Still fish to be caught and not as crowded as two weeks ago. :grin:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any possiblity I could talk you guys into a few tips on where and/or what to use :bowdown: . I have been out there a couple times the last week and have not had much success near St. Helens :depressed: .

Thanks in advance for your time :cheers: .....if4f

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ifish4fun,

Here is what to use.

Starting at the Left, the 1st 6 are Alvins/Brads in my favorite colors. The 7th (Far Right) is a Clancy. The Clancy has a piece of blue tape on it (Use this lure when the tide is at its peak because of the weight)(This is the heavy Clancy by the way, they come in 3 thicknesses but I don't rememer the 3 thicknesses). Also note that #2 & #6 have a trebel hook at the top as well. I use 1 ott Owner cutting points on all my wobblers. The 2 wobblers with the hooks at the top are #2 Owner Cutting Points.

All these colors have produced. I use a special scent (CDP) which I have been sworn to secrecy but Marie's Shrimp Scent is also a winner.

I use a slider rig which has 6 foot of liter to my weight and 5 to 7 feet of liter to my Wobbler.

Don't be afraid to bounce that thing way down the river. Farther is better in my opinion but use your judgement as hog lines will dictate how far back.

Good luck to you. That St. Helens, Gobel area has been a producer this summer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
thanks KHH,

I have been using #1, 2 and 7 along with a few others. My #7 is not nearly as bentup, is that on purpose? I will have to try moving around some and see if I can find a spot were they will hit.

Thanks again for the info, one can never learn enough :smile: .

if4f

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Don't need no scent.....but a 4' dropper seemed to be the ticket today...water was 64 degrees by my finder.

Mark

[ 09-25-2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ifish4fun,

#7 is right out of the package. No tuning is necessary.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
#2 and #3 are winners. :grin: Don't rule out 1/2 nickel/copper, mine got scratched up pretty well today by 15 and 24 lb. URB's. Maries sticky shrimp scent was responsible for a lost fish 2 min. after setting it on the bottom and garlic smelly jelly whacked the two we netted. 5x5 leader and dropper. Don't be afraid to bend them to get a little slower wobble either. :wink: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I'm kinda partial to #3 and #6 also!! Mine has some nice tooth marks in them!!

Dipnet :grin:

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Dip Net,

How are you? I think we met in June when i was following around Takelbuster.

Are you guys fishing tomorrow or the weekend???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts