IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a barn burner day! Well, if I'd had a barn, I would have been warmer, anyway. It was the slowest day on the river I've seen in a long time. Fished from 6am to 3pm; 6 to 1 at the bottom of Bachelor Island and 1 to 3 below Coon Island ... heard of one fish, saw none. Checker reported 3 fish checked as of 3pm. I would have had a better nap on the couch.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Pete sounds like it was kinda slow. What was your method to this madness. Trolling cutplug herring or anchored up running some quikes?

Tight Lines SM

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were anchored with Quickies and wraps, water looked good, green with just a blush of dirt, 51 degrees. About half the boats were trolling, but with the wind and rain showers, I decided to enjoy the comfort of my canvas.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have to agree with Pete on this one. Spent 5 hours on the Columbia (Willow Bar), saw one fish caught and kept by a bankie. Then one boat had a fish on then lost it.

Spent 4 hours trolling the Willamette, didn't see one net in the air.

Oh well.... could'a been worse! ~SK~

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
What a difference from yesterday!

In the Columbia, my friend's anchored-up boat released a wild one, we had one grab a K15 that didn't stick, and a while later we saw another nate hooked on a Kfish and released. That was it.

When we pulled out at Gilbert River at 2:30, not a single fish had been brought in :depressed: .

·
Registered
384 Posts
Fished it yesterday aswell (Friday) in the afternoon, from 1 to 5. Had one takedown which resulted in a smallish native (10lbs or so). We were fishing 3 rods off Bachelor Island in 13-14' of water using wrapped quickfish with various oils. The rod that got the fish (mine) had a K14 and shrimp oil.
Hope it wasn't the last day I can fish out there for Springers.
Cheers,

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
We just got back as well and not even a look by Mr. Black mouth.

We did get the shake down cruise done for my buddies new/used 24' Tuna and Halibut boat.

There are still a few bugs to work out before he takes it 30 miles out.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Have to agree what a slow day, started out at coon island trolled there to the gilbert till around 11, went out around and to willow bar anchored till 3:30. Saw 3 fish all day, saw a ifisher out in the columbia in a alumaweld stryker, we were in a red alumaweld. I should add that I fished with Luckscotty and he is a class act, even though he laughed at my bait busters. :wink:

[ 04-26-2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: fish_on ]

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yep , kinda glad I didn't hit the water at first light today, started at 9am and beached it at 5pm in the lower Willamette ..saw one fish and it was a native . The fish checker at Freds said she just got there and had been at St Johns all day with only one fish checked in . :depressed:

·
Registered
654 Posts
What a change from yesterday. We hooked four fish in the afternoon on Friday. Today we were back at the same spot @ 0600 to 1100 with no notta zip zilch. I sware, THEY can control the bite by raising, lowering or messing with the river flow somehow. Mabe the weather or who knows what, but it was a no hitter today.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Hello Fish_On, I think that may have been you that we pulled up to on the outside in our 179 Hewescraft in the early afternoon, and spoke briefly?

Mrs. garyk was at the helm, while I was tending anchor in the bow, then we went downstream of you to finish the day on the flats. (nothing happened for us down there).

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Has ta be the weather, it's so unstable, just one front after another. Usually by now the water temps are in the mid 50's and it has been at or near 51' now for weeks. We are usually slaying the small mouth bass by now in the Columbia but they seem to still be in the prespawn mode. We just keep going out, cause that's what we love doin. The chance, to just be there, maybe today, what can be better? Ya gotta love just getting out.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
We fished down at Goble off the tip of Sandy Island. Tried everything in the box including a prawn spiiner and plug cut. Had one half hearted drive by. Didn't see a net in the air. It was still better than cleaning the garage. :cheers:

·
Registered
797 Posts
fished the willamette with someone who limited the boat friday. 6 fish! fished sunup to 3pm sat. one take down that didnt stick,that is all. one day sure can make a difference. fish checker at willamette park checked 6 fish as of 3pm.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Fished the CR Sat. from Sunup till 3:00. Went 2 for 4 with a 15 and a 20 in the box. Saw one other boat put three in their box and two other fish for other boats. Rather slow day. Nice fall wind all day.....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Fished a full day from 1hr before sun-up to one hour after around Kalama & Dibblee's Point with nothin' to show. Out of lots of boats & bankers saw 3 springers & 1 sturgeon caught (released). Tried everything in the vast arsenal -not even a nibble.

Then it happened. A buddy that I had taken fishing 2 weeks ago arrived this morning at my door holding my lucky hat that he had inadvertently taken home with him. That explains the skunk goin down in my boat -he said he truly felt responsible for my predicament but declined my offer to pay for the gas used for two round trips from Seattle & back.

Now I can feel the aura of it's awesome power permeate flesh, bone & aluminum!

Full Freezer

·
Registered
11 Posts
fished at cathlamet from about 3:00-8:00 p.m and caught 3 keepers and had another takedown. not as many boats there as usual but still saw fish caught.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
What a yawner!! Fished from 10-5pm from head of MC down to kelly point at the mouth. Saw 2 fish caught all day. Everyone seemed to be getting blanked. Maybe all the fish are up at OC.
Better luck next time I hope.
GBS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts