IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been fortunate to get a few outings on the river lately, and especially fortunate that the fish gods continue to put some bend in our rods.

Here's a couple recent pics:

Visor dude is smiling with his second ever Columbia nook.

I had to bring this darkening hen onboard to get her untangled; this quick pic and back in the river she went to continue her journey. Minutes later, smiling visor guy got his third fish.

This afternoon we went looking for some chrome, taking a rookie with us for good luck. It worked.
Steve with his first salmon ever:

21# URB seems like a good way to start a salmon fishing career.

Shortly after this, another tried to make off with my gold/silver Alvin. Unfortunately, my reel puked at a critical moment, so just one this afternoon.

[ 09-17-2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: garyk ]

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hi Gary,

I recognize ya, I live up on Harborton and have talked to you many times when you're walking the dogs up the hil! Nice fishies

Ya know I can watch the boats head out from Freds a lot lately and finally gave it a try myself this weekend for the very first time. Must have been beginners luck, I got a nice little URB. I hope to go again, but how much longer is it worth going?

Anyway, thanks for the reports and good luck!

John

·
Registered
17,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

I think I saw you Sunday? If so, you really earned that fish, being out there in the nasty squalls, and an awful slow day too. As we pulled anchor and headed in, you were still there going for it!

We're definitely on the downhill side of the run, but I'm confident it will certainly be worth going out through this weekend - and likely much longer.

If we have an open seat, I'll give you a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts