IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Anything to report? Don't need specifics, just a general overview. Startin to think about hittin her down low.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
one of the ifish guides, Dennis Stewart posted a report in the guides section. he said it was slow but they got a keepr, oversize, and shakers in deeper water. good luck and post some pics if you do good.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Went prospecting there on Sat., caught nada, not even a mudcat. Had one bite for four rods. Fished Desdemona sands oregon side, several locales from the bridge up to portuguese pt. on the Wa. side, tongue point area. Tried deep water and flats areas. Sand shrimp and/or smelt, tried a squid too. A very humbling experience.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was looking this weekend also all I found was a dozen shakers for two rods also in deep water. Some of the shakers went to forty one and I also had a couple spit the hook that felt like they could have been bigger.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've heard reports from locals that the guys with small skiffs are going back into Baker Bay and fishing the mouth of the Chinook River and getting a few, but that area is really shallow unless you know where the deeper water is, and then for added excitement it's full of pilings. Good place to test out your hull for punctures. They say sinking your boat can ruin your whole day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts