IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wedensday,,set 5 pots out, loaded with,, cheap chicken-parts,,at 11 am.,,picked them up at 1 pm.,,they were loaded,,kept 36,,tossed many keepers back,,all ocean crab & firm & full,,
O-yea,,put in at Warrington,,set pots in side
Bouy 20,,wind was from south so protected by Clatsop Spit,,good water conditions
could be iffy today,,
good crabbing 2 all,,
Donald,,, :grin:

·
Registered
873 Posts
What a report. Sounds like you were in for a feast. Went in Netarts bay yesterday. Crabbing was lousy. Can't go today as it is blowing about 40 knots and the bay is covered with popcorn. :blush:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I went Sunday out of Chinook and we got 45 on the first pull so we came in. The river had 6-10 foot swells that were breaking all the way across from Clatsop Spit to the A Jetty. We stayed up by Sand Island and still had to watch for small breakers. We used squid and Tuna heads for bait. It's the nastiest I've ever seen the river on a flood tide and I was told the Ocean had 25 foot plus swells on it! Crab were huge - several over 7 inches. We only measured one of the 45 that looked close and even he was a keeper.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Crabbed the Columbia today. We were on a mission. There were two boats and full crews. One boat crabbed the Buoy 20 area and another one was closer in to Hammond.

It was a crab slaughter. Got our share of nice ocean crabs. No problem with limits as usual but the wind kicked up and the swells made the return to Hammond a miserable slow trip.

We are having a huge crab feast with many people on Saturday. Crab, corn on the cob and beer. Can't wait!!!!!!! :cheers: :grin:

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
Crabbing continues hot as of Sunday. Two more days of excellent tides left. 4 limits on my boat on north side 3 on a friend's boat on the south side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts