IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was today by a fellow hogline fisherman, that they were closing the columbia river to summer chinook this saturday and the nets were going in.
my father also heard this from another source (which almost made him go postal)

anyone know the truth????
I would find it hard to believe, but I thought I would check with the experts on the subject.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Haven't heard myself, but are you saying that if the rumor is true, the river is closed on Saturday, or after Saturday. I have a trip planned and sure don't want any surprises at 5:00 a.m.. Hope someone with correct info chimes in.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I just checked the ODFW site and found no news on closures. Not saying something is not in the works, but the web site info states no changes. Anyone know better???

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I have never seen ODFW do a closure on this short of notice. It's usually around 2 weeks. I think somebody is full of stuff.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
One of the head guys from the Columbia regional office of ODFW booked me this Saturday to take some of his friends from out of town for summer chinook. I don't think he would have done that if it was closing.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,,,Im sure he did want my spot!!!! Thanks for the reply.!!!!

K9

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ttt,,,can anyone shed some light on this. Its it just a rumor? I am not nearly dont fishing the columbia yet.

·
Premium Member
22,250 Posts
It's not closing...not today or anytime soon...counts are high and it would open anyway on Aug. 1. Last time I talked with ODFW, Steve King said he expects it to go until then. He's been very good about giving me heads ups when they're getting close and I've heard nothing. Still, I'll check Tuesday when I'm back in the office. I can't imagine there's much to fret, though. (that said, I've been surprised before, but not often)
There are tribal nets going in upriver Monday through Wednesday and the ocean off the mouth is closed Friday and Saturday, but that's about it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts