IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got started about 9:00 AM Saturday on the Wa. side across from Columbia City. the few boats that were there when we got there were scattered all over, there were no lines established. The spot I wanted I couldn't get into because of the proximity of the other boats. So we picked a spot that was 49 feet deep. We did add to the scattered boat look of the area.

At about 10:00 AM my reel starts singing the sweet song. But it was just a small 4# jack. You know your Salmon is small when you don't bother with the net and just pull it aboard by grabbing the leader and lifting.

About 10 minutes after we get back to fishing Carolyn's reel starts singing the sweet song. It is clear that this is no jack. But neither of us expected that it would be as big as it was. In fact we stayed on anchor because the only way I could have drifted out was into the channel due to the other boats scattered to our right. Then I looked up river and see a wood chip barge coming toward us. So I decided to stay put and have Carolyn fight the fish in place. If I knew the fish was 40# I probably would have made another decision but hind sight is 20/20.

After a good 25-30 minute tug-of-war Carolyn was rewarded with this piggy.

When we got this cooler a month ago Carolyn thought I was crazy for getting one that was so big(120qt). But this piggy's tail was hanging out the end.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:dance: Thats a nice fish, congratulations Carolyn! :dance:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
WOW Nice job...and on anchor too!

I just bought that same cooler a couple months ago, and broke it in w/ a 36 a couple weeks ago.

Nice fish!!

AL

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I think you need a bigger cooler :grin:

·
Registered
354 Posts
WOW! shacker-king and carolyn, there are no fish left in the river, it's the last week of Sept. I'm glad the fish don't have calenders. Way to go thats one sweet feesh.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Holy Cow!! :shocked: That's a nice fish! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Naaaacccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
fish!

:grin:

Keep'em coming!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Nice Job!!
Looks like the deep water is still putin' out fish..now if I could just get my lures into that zone sometime soon :mad: ...real soon :smile:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Carolyn: Congrats!! You put a "spankin'" on him :grin: :grin: :dance: :dance: Fishrite

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
Hey, what a silver beauty - congrats
and thanks for sharing the pic (Now, someone remind me why I'm wasting gas driving to T-bay when the big'uns are right here?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts