IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
41,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummer ... NO CHANGES IN THE REGULATIONS until possibly the next hearing.

THE COLUMBIA ABOVE I-5 IS STILL CLOSED.

Just got an NSIA news flash, but I can't confirm it on the WDFW or ODFW telephone update line: "Oregon and Washington just authorized another 4 days of fishing on the Columbia, Wed.-Sat. for the recreational fishery below Bonneville."

I'm not sure which Wed.-Sat. it is. I assume it's this week... keep your eyes and ears open for confirmation!

[ 04-15-2003, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
875 Posts
Pete,

I just called the WDFW (Information contact: (360) 696-6211). The lady I spoke with said they decided to keep the fishery open this week and then meet next to Tuesday to reassess. They are a bit concerned that the "peak" of the run may not be like the past couple years. If so, they will shut it down. Let's hope for some 10,000 fish days over Bonneville in the upcoming week!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Originally posted by King Fisher:
As soon as they close it we will get 20,000 daily runs. Then they will re open after the peak is gone. Isn't that what happened last year.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">yep, that's exactly what happened last year. For next year, I think they should ground the commercial fishery, matter of fact, no fish for them at all, don't open the season til they KNOW they have there quota met, and then let us fish. S

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Please! :grin: ---Please! :grin: ----Please! :grin: All this begging doesn't leave much for the scientific approach, but I'm not above pleading.

We will be hitting it hard Friday and Saturday :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Was just checking the counts and yesterday nearly 8,000 went over.... gonna have to get out and fish tomorrow after work..
so hopefully next week they will open it up.. In a months time 75,000 over bonniville 3/15/-4/15/03.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts