IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me out here. Weather permitting, and it looks iffy at the moment I'll be fishing Thursday A.M. at the mouth. I would like to run outside (20' Trophy), well equipped for a few hours right at daylight. High tide at the north jetty is at 9:00 +- a few minutes. How long does it generally take after the tide peaks for the ebb current to pick up and make for a tough return. My rule of thumb at Garibaldi where I fish most of the time is to come in right on the tide change. Basically, how long does high slack hold at the mouth and what are your margins of safety

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Just got off cell w/ buddy at CR today. Bar was hell; 8ft swells outside. Two nates and turned around. They just got in, scared stiff; coasty cutters closed the bar behind them on the return trip. My advice - wait for nicer weather. Doubt Thursday will be good either. Maybe Tillamook away from the bar would be a safer bet. Good luck and decision making.

[ 08-19-2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Dr Strangelove ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.