IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I can only get down there to catch the last 3 hours of the incoming tide, is it worth going for. Tomorrow is my chance to go. I can be fishing by 11:30. I beleive high time is 2:40. Thoughts???

Also, do the fish keep hittin after high slack and if so, how long does it stay decent?

I'd go earlier but my dad's coming down from Olympia tomorrow morning. I would prefer to get him on a couple fish Friday if it's worth doing that, rather than fight the larger crowds Sat. He'll only want to go one day.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I would fish what you can of the incoming tide around buoy 10, maybe move back to 14 around high slack, then move up by the bridge and fish the first few hours of the out going tide. We caught one silver at buoy 10 the other day, and 5 up by the bridge on the beginning of the outgoing tide. Good luck.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply Corlyn. We'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Fishing is good anytime down there! I caught most of my fish yesterday on the outgoing about 4 in the afternoon! Just get out there on the water and troll WITH the current. When you are done with your troll use your big motor to run back to the place you started and troll with the current again... you cover much more water and you present the bait in the fishes face!

Good luck :cheers:

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Find a good rip on the incoming and fish against the current with your baits in the rip. On the outgoing, we caught fish both directions. It is more important that your bait is spinning right than the direction you are trolling. Going with the current, it is sometimes difficult to get the divers pulling right. Remember, the surface current may not reflect what is happening below the surface at all. Sometimes the under-current was so strong we were out of gear for long periods just to keep the divers working right (and the herring spinning).

Adjust, adjust, adjust. Never leave a bite to go find a bite. If the bite is off, don't be afraid to move to find a bite. The Hammond to Warrenton greenline was good on the outgoing last week.

[ 08-28-2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts