IFish.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the cherry gelatin mix for a deeper red results, the strawberry for medium red, and the orange for...well orange color. But I use them BEFORE I use the borax to cure the eggs, because I think the color absorbs better that way.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Thanks for the info. The eggs are really large 'nook eggs and they took the borax cure really well I was just trying to get some red color into them. I'll work some jello into them. Thanks for the replies :cheers:

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Just mix the powdered Jello with the Borax, and sprinkle liberally..into all the crevasses. At that point I freeze them right away without letting them "cure" overnight or longer. Even big mature eggs fish well for me. I just thaw them out the night before and go fishing

·
Registered
873 Posts
Good morning Nitro. As Borax cured eggs create their own juice, just sprinkle the Jello over the eggs after Boraxing. Works great for me.

Sore Back

·
Registered
666 Posts
Buea-Mac They make a cure also but the coloring is awesome follow the directions and the color will make you throw the jello away

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I experimented with the Pro-Glo this fall..
I cured about 70 quarts of eggs with it and THEY LOOK GREAT!
One thing I have learned over the last few years... is a little goes a long way! and stay out of your wifes kitchen with this stuff! We now have a pink blender for some reason :smile:
I have been working with a few different home cures and I am very happy!
Salt, borax, sugar and the PG color and your favorite scents.. cures a very nice egg!

Give it a try!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Add a little water to TH's ingredients and you have one awesome wet cure :cheers:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Pro Glow coloring is the best IMO. :cheers: It works great

1 - 14 of 14 Posts