IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on going after coho on the Sandy or the Clack this weekend. My current idea is to float from Dabney to Lewis and Clark. Most of the messages I've read indicate that the fish are much higher than this... So will I just be wasting my time?

With a 6 month old daughter, I don't get out to fish much, and I really want to take my drift boat. I don't feel comfortable taking my boat any farther upstream unless the water rises significantly.

Can anyone tell me what the water color is like?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Don't let the visibility put you off. It often clears up considerably by afternoon. With low water like this it's a good thing - the fish keep moving and aren't as spooky and holed up.

I'm curious too how many fish are yet to come. I know there are fish moving through the system but it seemed like there were ALOT less of them in the Dodge Park area today than Tuesday.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone goes by the river today, I'd definitely appreciate an update on the water color. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Color's fine. I hooked like 6 or 7- just couldn't seem to land 'em.

·
Registered
676 Posts
hey guys i wouldnt even worry about the water color right now,,,,eggs,bobber fishing the slicks in faster water,,set 21/2 to 3 feet down will get fish,so many fish in the systemits not like your looking for an elusive steelhead in the winter,still alot of prime fishing_fish to be had so get out there and enjoy,,,,,,,,,, :dance:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts