IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
What was that run size four or five years ago when on the CR we had three fish limits in Sept through October?

Reactions: Hockinson man

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I looked up what the run was in 2009, last time we were allowed 3 fish during the offshore season. These numbers are significantly higher. I guess it is possible we might get a shot at a 3 day limit, but I'll wait before I clear freezer space. 😁

·
Registered
592 Posts
Can any of you armchair scientists put some wind in our sails, given the swing-and-a-miss prediction of 2019? I really want to get stoked about this prediction, but I'm sorta feeling like I'm Charlie Brown and the fish predictors are Lucy holding the football.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Sorta like a politician... if a weatherman, biologist or scientist said it is so or will be, you can count on it because his word is good as gold.... 🤥😳
Guess what... I'll be there regardless of what they predict or say. 😎

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Can any of you armchair scientists put some wind in our sails, given the swing-and-a-miss prediction of 2019? I really want to get stoked about this prediction, but I'm sorta feeling like I'm Charlie Brown and the fish predictors are Lucy holding the football.
Even if we only get half that prediction back, fishing should be awesome all summer and fall.

·
Registered
13,860 Posts
I hope they are right.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
It Does give us hope for the future....This will be definitely hyped up for the coming months....
This also helps fuel the buoy 10 fishery. During the big run years we can have Coho around mid August or even before. One year we where releasing hatchery Coho left and right in July while Summer Chinook fishing above the Bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Someone care to explain why the increased run size in their opinion? . Maybe the ocean is better where coho hang out? Or maybe the upper CR/Snake river folks are releasing more Coho smolts nowadays????? Those dread full unclipped hatch fish from above the dams....Some are clipped but not sure on the percentage .
Or is the Habitat better for the wilds and their offspring?
Thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Someone care to explain why the increased run size in their opinion? . Maybe the ocean is better where coho hang out? Or maybe the upper CR/Snake river folks are releasing more Coho smolts nowadays????? Those dread full unclipped hatch fish from above the dams....Some are clipped but not sure on the percentage .
Or is the Habitat better for the wilds and their offspring?
Thoughts.
Ocean conditions were better last year than in quite some time. The ocean is where it's at!

Reactions: TH

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 185 Posts