IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there much of a chance of reeling in a trout out there? Me and the boy both have the day off and thought about going down and throwing a lump of powerbait in. The only problem is his patience runs out quick, so I want to know what our chances are.

notaclue

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
In my little experience (fished Coffenberry 2 or 3 times) it seems like you need to know where to fish in order to catch anything. I've heard that there are parts of the lake that hold quite a few fish and then there are other areas that i'm convinced have no fish in them whatsoever. A friend and I were camping over at Ft. Stevens last year and tried Coffenberry for a couple of hours with narry a nibble :shrug: Maybe it was our bad mojo :grin: but we didn't see anything caught either. Like I said, i'm not an expert on this lake, so maybe there are fish in there, but I couldn't tell you the best place to get them. I can, however, tell you where NOT to go :laugh:

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Do some resurch on the ODFW and find out the stocking schedule, you will want to go after they stock it if you want to get your child into some fishing that will hold attention.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Good call David...hey, how is the winter steelie season shaping up to be?

-jokester (Aaron)

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
we have had good luck there trolling with a small Indian Spinner, trailer a nightcrawler or a wedding ring with a crawler. You might even pick up some smallmouth that way.

ORS

·
Registered
348 Posts
The only fish I have caught out of that lake have been hooked on the west side. In all the years I have gone there I have caught about 5 fish.

Good Luck :smile: You will need it :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts