IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coeur d\'Alene fishing

Anybody know anything about fishing in northern Idaho? We're dragging the boat up to Coeur d'Alene and Pend Oreille and was wondering if I should throw in a cord of fishing poles and a couple of tons of related fishing gear or pass on buying the out of state fishing license and get my fishing fix on ifish. Any info would be appreciated,
thanks

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Re: Coeur d\'Alene fishing

Big Northern Pike and Largemouth Bass in Lake Cour d'alene. Pend Oreille has BIG Rainbows. :cheers:

·
Registered
206 Posts

yes!!!!
it is more than worth the effort.
I spent many years chasing fish aroud that country and a fella can do quite well around North Idaho...

Are you a fly fisher? if so send me an e-mail and I can give you some hints...places that would make your arms tired!

:wink:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts

I went on a guided 3 day trip there a couple of years ago.

Fished with Double Diamond Guide Service(I think)

We trolled with planer boards and all the boats there did it that way.

Mostly used Rapulas(sp)

We caught (Gerrard?)Rainbows to 16 pounds. Several were spawned out.

Some times of the year they troll flies.

We also used downriggers for Lake Trout for just a bit. Caught a good sized one.

I took a bunch of pictures and could send you a few if needed.

fop

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Bass? Pike? that works, we where planning on spending some quality time bonding with the bass at Banks Lake on the way over. Thanks for the info offer Vandal but we're going to pass on the flyfishing.
Sounds like I better scrape up some license money.
thanks

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

Find Denali on one of these posts and shoot him an e-mail. Tell him I sent you. He lives in Spokane, and fishes the area all the time.

[ 06-25-2003, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Mojo ]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks all, I'm starting to get a bit jazzed about this trip. I was thinking it would be a hang out, tour relatives around the lake, kind of trip but now I have a misson, I gots to try to catch one of those Pike. Looks like that Fins & Feathers store will be the first stop. Going to look for Denali now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts