IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find cod liver oil?? checked Freddies and Rite Aid, nada. They just have caps and gave me the strangest look when I said I was going to mix it with anise oil...Tks in advance...Roger

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Go to an "organic" type store or a health food store. We have one here in town and I get strange looks when I buy a bottle. I tell them it tastes great. :grin:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I get mine at Safeway or Bi-Mart. It's one of my "secret" steelhead tricks; been using it for over twenty years applied either to a pipe cleaner wrapped on hook skank or gang troll. If you want it in a gel form: nuke vaseline and add the cod liver oil. Apply when warm and liquid; when it hits the cold water, it'll "gel". Caution: it can turn rancid if left in the sun.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking to use it of gators, soak leaders in or soak smelt with.. as for the sky, its blue with white puffy things here..as for blazers only god (allen) knows.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I used cod liver oil with smelly jelly flavors on my sardine wraps and they worked pretty well. Soaked them overnight on a bed of rock salt.

~steelymann~

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i have never heard of mixing cod liver oil and anise oil but sure sounds like it would be a killer scent. does it work???? what are the proportions??? what do you use it with?? why is the sky blue???, why is whitsett still the g.m. of the blazers???.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.