IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the theory that a picture is worth more than a few words, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures taken on the coast today. I knew the rivers would be high and off color, but figured making an attempt at fishing was better than sitting around the house. I fished a few hours on both the Little Nestucca and Three Rivers. Both were high, but their color wasn't bad. Both had some leaves and small branches headed down stream. And, both had more than a few intrepid souls pursuing salmon.

I started on the Little Nestucca. Here's how it looked at about the 7 mile marker.

The best spot I saw was already pretty crowded, so I moved down and was able to find a couple of spots to fish, but the current was fast enough I couldn't get much of a drift with my bobber.

So, I moved back to Three Rivers. Here is how it looked just outside Hebo.

The lot at the hatchery was pretty full, and I watched for a few minutes, but didn't see any fish on the bank.

The weather was nice, with no rain all afternoon and even a few sun breaks. So, even though it was a fishless trip, I'd rate it better than average, and certainly better than being stuck in the house, or doing chores!

· Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for the report ,, You saved the enviornment and a long drive nice to know what the rivers actually look like almost real time

· Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Driftphish-
No, I would have, but I've never fished that river, and I wasn't totally sure where the deadline is. I think the 7 mile marker is below it, but being unsure I went downriver below the highest fisherman I could find to be sure I was legal! I did find some similar spots though. The current was a little deceiving, much faster than it looks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.