IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I are heading out to Tillamook Bay for fishing on Saturday and Sunday with the boat. Does anyone know if the fishing/weather will be cooperating? We've been planning this trip for awhile now and we're going to head over to the coast regardless. If T-bay is going to be too rough on Saturday due to the weather, does anyone have any suggestions about where else to go over at the coast? We are both throwing in the waders just in case we need to park the boat and head for the rivers. Any suggestions on what rivers will be producing best and where to hit them at? Thanks for the assistance.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Not sure about t-bay but I can tell you that the rivers will not be really fishable tomorrow unless you like brown water.....Sunday the rivers might gain a little more color but who knows...But than again everyone has thier own preference on what kind of water they like to fish...

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
I would bet that the coast will be packed with fishers this weekend, despite the weather.

If it is nasty on T bay, try Nehalem, a little up river... Might be a bit nicer.

Regardless, the rivers are high and a little muddy. Depends on how much rain we get, if they fish. The forecast sounds blustery and wet.

But, you won't get anything if you don't have your line in the water. Good luck!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here is the coastal high surf advisory from the national weather service:

LARGE SWELLS ARE FORECAST TO IMPACT THE SOUTH WASHINGTON AND
NORTH AND CENTRAL OREGON COASTS STARTING EARLY SATURDAY MORNING.
SEAS WILL RISE FROM AROUND 17 FT JUST BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT...TO
AROUND 22 FT BY 5 AM SATURDAY MORNING. SEAS ARE EXPECTED TO PEAK
NEAR 27 FT AROUND NOON ON SATURDAY AND GRADUALLY FALL TO NEAR 20
FT LATE SATURDAY EVENING.

I would also guess that most rivers will be blown out until at least Sunday. Check out the rapid rise on the Siletz:

http://ahps2.wrh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=pqr&gage=silo3&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

-Aaron

·
Administrator
119,501 Posts
Out back here it's a brown leaf stew. :( Ewe.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
the kilchis is high brown muddy and leafy at the 101 take out today (friday) the bay has a pretty good wind chop on it but there were still a few boats trolling the ghost hole despite the two big orange flags flying....i took a few pics but dont have time to upload them now....will try later

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Monday sure looks hot though.....:yay:Anyone else going to be out there Monday??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts