IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to take my 11 year old nephew out saturday morning for a few hours in a boat to plunk somewhere for steelies in lower columbia. Don't do this very often, thought maybe mouth of lewis or cowlitz would be best? Has it been pretty good? Any tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Here's a little more help for you baitslinger. Anchor up in 9-12' of water. Use a 3.5' dropper and a 5' leader. If the current is really ripping try a Flash&Glo spinner (I am not sure of the model number I think it is 124, it is the one with no body weights) with a silver or red blade. Or use a U-20 flatfish red or red with black dots. On the incoming tide troll Wee Warts!

Now get that kid a fish :cheers:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
u guys got it all wrong..
...use k10 kwiks.... :grin: ...flo red......and hold on.....bottom half of the itde has been best for my boat....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is the tidewater area around the mouth of the Cowlitz doable in an 11 foot Sportcat (livingston style) with a 6hp (with 50lb electric backup)??? Also how far is it from the launch at gearhardt gardens? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Matt, you are back!! How was Manzaneo Mexico?? I was waiting for a phone call but never got one from you. Now that I think about it...our 800# probably doesn't work in that are code/country zone. I hope is was good...can't wait to fish with you buddy.....Battle Ground lake has been pretty good lately...headed to Goose lake the weekend of August 9, 10 and 11...you should try to head up there also. 20"+ bows and browns!!

See you around,

Jeff

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jeff, you are right, I tried to call you from the resort, and it wouldn't go through. We had a great time! Weather held out for us, thankfully.
Next time you hit the Washugal or battle ground, let me know, maybe I'll tag along. :smile: Talk to you soon, take care!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Bug_Flicker,

My email on this board goes to work and I wont be there till next week :shrug:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, thank you guys very much for the generous tips! I took him out shad fishing awhile back and he had a blast reeling them in. Before we even pulled anchor to go back home he says "Hey, do you think we can go fishin again soon?" Absolutely !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts