IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got to fish Clear lake last week with my Dad on his way to Arizona for the winter. The first two days we had sunny skies with around 70 degree temps. It took us a couple days to figure out the fish with the low water. I finally had to put the frogs, jerkbaits, spinnerbaits, crankbaits away and slow down. I did catch this one on a super spook that weighed 5 lbs 12 oz. That was my largest for the week.:redface:

Here is my Dad with a 5 lbs 12 oz hawg he caught on a Jig on a small rocky point. This is the last time we saw the sun all week.:shrug:

I had to take a picture just before I took him back to the trailer for the day.

This fish went 5 lbs 5 oz and I caught it on a brushhawg which was the hot bait for us for the week. We caught most of our fish on 6"watermelon candy worms, Brushhawgs, Beavers. The funny thing about the trip was the day I had to leave it was going to be sunny and warm the rest of the week. :shrug:

·
Registered
735 Posts
It's great that you got to spend the time with your Dad!

Nice fish!

When is the absolutly best time in the Spring? Pre, Durring or Post Spawn? When would that be (Dates)????

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Nice fish, I need to go down to clear lake some time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
hey nice job those are some nice fish man...we had a member from a website i am a part of catch a 10lbs 2oz recently and made bassmaster mag. and the lunker club, but the guy lives on the lake too

pitch

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Rain or no rain it still looks like you had a good time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Amazing. The Brushhawg was our hot bait too. We were drop shotting around docks and rock piles. Super Spooks were the bait in the morning. Looks like the pattern hasn't changed much. haha. Thanks for the report.

·
Banned
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amazing. The Brushhawg was our hot bait too. We were drop shotting around docks and rock piles. Super Spooks were the bait in the morning. Looks like the pattern hasn't changed much. haha. Thanks for the report.
Yep!! It seems like they would get wise to those brushhawgs but they keep on chomping them. Just so many fish in that lake. :dance:

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Knot in leader , did you throw the bass trix when you were in Cal.?

·
Registered
141 Posts
FLW's at Clear Lake this weekend. It'll be fun to see some of those monster fish at the weigh-in.

·
Banned
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FLW's at Clear Lake this weekend. It'll be fun to see some of those monster fish at the weigh-in.
Those guys will hammer 'em this week there. The weather warmed up into the high 70's. I'll guess 90 lbs for the 4 day tournament. I'm probably low:smile:

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
I live next to the Clear lake but i don't know how to bass fish...:hoboy: Never bassed fished when i lived in Oregon....

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Nice job, Doug- thanks for the pics!
Dave

·
Banned
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SON!!! The FLW boys are catching some big ones this week. 13 lbs is big fish on the co-angler side and 11+ is big on the pro side :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts