IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed for a quick trip to Superior MT this weekend and would love to get a fly wet in the Clark Fork or St. Regis rivers, does anyone have any suggestions on what flys I should have in my box. I have done only a very little fishing in the Clark Fork before and have never hit the St. Regis. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Adam

· Registered
1,813 Posts
Headed for a quick trip to Superior MT this weekend and would love to get a fly wet in the Clark Fork or St. Regis rivers, does anyone have any suggestions on what flys I should have in my box. I have done only a very little fishing in the Clark Fork before and have never hit the St. Regis. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Adam

I fished this stretch 3 out of the last 4 years during the first week of Sept. I never had much luck in the St. Regis but I did well on the Clark Fork. At about 2:00 each afternoon there was a pretty serious baetis hatch in the slow back eddys and the fish really seemed to key on them. It only lasted about 30 mins each day. The rest of the time we nymphed it. We drifted about 5 miles into town each day usually in the afternoon. The guys in the fly shops tell me that if you are sneaky and patient you can catch some good sized fish in the Regis on terrestrials and nymphs....I must not be sneaky or patient enough.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I didn't even know there was a fly shop in St. Regis so I will definitely have to stop in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.