IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna hang up the bobber rod for the weekend and crab the morning tide. thinking about the drive to Gearheart in the PM to dig a few Razors. Anybody be up there lately?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was at gearhart last sunday for the low tide in the afternoon. It wasn't really that low either, only a 1.5 tide. We did get eight but they weren't showing to well either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got my limit in about an hour Wed. evening just before dark at Sunset Beach. They were fairly deep. Guess what we're having for dinner tonite?

Cheers, Jim

[ 11-06-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: SeaRunner Jim ]

·
Registered
195 Posts
going tomorow night. the tide should be around -0.1 at about 6:45 pm. i will give you a update tomorow night and let you know how it went.

notaclue

·
Registered
352 Posts
Steve, alot of the locals went digging this afternoon. Easy limits and nice clams! Also talking about easy limits, crabbing is unreal! Give me a call if your down this way over the weekend................Bobber Down

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Went yesterday. Started clamming at a little after 4:00 P.M and we were back at the truck by 4:50 with 3 limits.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
We hit Sunset Beach Friday afternoon around 4:30. we clammed on a small bar between the 3rd and 4th pole just north of the beach entrance. Took us about 1 1/2 hour but we got our two limits. We did get a few in the surf but the majority of nice ones were dug in the dry sand.

Friends coming over for dinner tonight. Salmon, halibut, oysters and fresh razors. This is why I choose to live in Oregon!!!

Pearl

·
Registered
352 Posts
The clams were really showing this afternoon. One pound up to four holes at times. It took ten min. to get a limit. Most were 4 1/2 to 5" clams. You had better get a digging.................Bobber Down

·
Registered
32 Posts
Slowpie and I went about a mile South of the Iredale Sat. night.
It took us about 2 hours to get our two limits. The clams are deep. Sometimes we had the gun down to the handles to get them up.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
We went out tonight, but the wind and rain was soo bad, we decided it was warmer in the truck. (BBBBBBBRRRRRRRR) Of course, I was not cold. I had on Neopremes and an Omni Tec Columbia Sportswear coat. Heck I was snug as a bug in a rug. But the old man was not as lucky. He doesn't fish as much as I do, so he doesn't own a pair. We would have done better had he not been soaked from top to bottom and look like something the cat drug in.

Maybe next time. OH Well. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Tracey: "Wind and rain soo bad"...thought you said clearing and light wind forcast for the coast tonight... :grin: :tongue:

Giz...

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
That's what I get for listening to the weather report here in PDX. They have no idea what is happening at the coast. :whazzup:

I was comfy but Dale was very cold. Thank goodness we took him a change of clothes down. He knew. He didn't listen to the weatherman. :hoboy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts