IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have one of those days when everything is going wrong, you're ticked off at the world, and
the forces of the universe just don't seem to align. That was my day. The fishing trip started with me back my boat up into a very tough wooden fence. The 6 HP merc. kicker did not like this. Result: Shattered support bracket. Should have been a sign to just go home, but I shook it off and hit the willy. A couple of cold brews with friends and instant action and I felt like a new man. Got to meet Kroy out there, nice boat Ken! Terrific kids too. They looked to be having a fantastic time. Pleasure to meet another Ifisher.
We slayed those little chromers, hooking about 65 from 5:30 to 8:30. Had no net, so landing them all was a show in itself.
The hot lure?? A chartreuse jighead in 1/16oz. 36" dropper, 4-6oz. weight, 4' leader. Also a lindy jig, the small crappie jig, they sell in packs of two at GI joes. Theselittle things just look shad fishy. Hot pink eyes, chartreuse head,
and chartruese crystal flash body. I trimmed it back a bit to avoid short
biters. Pick up a few packs, they are awesome out there.
We were in the middle of the river, up above the mouth a bit, 18 feet of water. Make sure to back bounce away from the boat, makes a difference.
That's the end of my shad season, will just wait for fall to convert them into sweet dungeoness crab.
Good luck!
GBS

·
Registered
759 Posts
Brad,
Nice to meet you too and nice job on the fish. Sorry to hear about the motor. Don't worry, I've had my share of mishaps. I'll post some pictures when I get them developed.
Take care,
Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.