IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed by Clackamette park and saw a crane barge parked right in the middle of the Clackamas River. So I stopped by for a look see and what do you know..... They are finally moving the sorry excuse for a dock to the upstream side of the boat ramp.

The signs at the ramp said that the ramp would be closed from August 4th until August 22nd. :whazzup: Hope this repair is not like most other government jobs that usually take a month longer than expected.

Should be nice when it is finished though.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
David, the intention of the dock is not for high water use. It is for crowded summer months to easy (supposedly) congestion at the ramp and allow more access to the beach. The docks come out for the winter season.

Again Kudos belong to Hogmaster for stirring the pot to have these stupid docks removed and placed up river of the ramp. Way to go GARY. It will be interesting to see how these new docks change the water flow.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
At least now when high water does come you won't be slamming into the pilings even if the dock isn't year round.

Big thanks for Gary for leading the charge on getting the docks fixed.

BTW: Gary, where did you bury Joby? :shrug: Should we let the dogs loose?

[ 08-10-2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Gus Orviston ]

·
Registered
522 Posts
I hope the dock is far enough into the river to fish from. THe down river site had good access to the center area of the riner for bank fisherman. I never used it for fishing but saw a lot of people trying it out. Anyone know if it helped the bank guys catch fish?

·
Registered
515 Posts
i wonder if the person :sleep: :sleep:
in charge of this project remembered to get the right permits this time

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hookem, youre kidding right? Anyone could cast clean across that entire stretch without the use of a floating dock. The last thing I want to see when this thing gets finished is 30 dudes in lawn chairs fishing off the thing. What a nightmare. Hopefully its intended use is for the temporary tie up of boats for loading and unloading passengers. I'm fairly certain that diving and swimming from it will be restricted and hopefully fishing from it will also be restricted.

Does anyone know for sure what the intended use is for this dock? Handicap access maybe? Thats a pretty good grade for working a wheel chair up and down without upgrading the approach.

[ 08-08-2003, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mostly kids fish off of the dock, and it can be a real mess in sept for coho, boats, dogs, little kids, walkers, dudes without shirts form the "cops T. V. show" with a beer casting onto the trees. It can be a nightmare, and a little fun to watch if you don't have to use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts