IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on there not much being said must be good. Please give report if you now any thing I have been working to much and need to go fishing.

Thanks spinnermaker

·
Registered
16,612 Posts
I fished the wall at the Carver boat ramp on Sunday for about four hours. Backtrolled diver and shrimp and mag warts through there with not even a nibble. I did not see anyone with fish and saw none roll while I was there. I was told by a guy I helped at the ramp that there were two caught earlier in the day there, one native steelhead and one chinook.

JK

·
Registered
499 Posts
I fished off the bank below rivermill dam at McIver Park. There have been some fish taken with bobber & eggs. Both nooks and steelies. Mostly nooks though. The other side of the river on the shelf has been busy. Seen quite a few steelies taken over there. I counted 16 fishermen from the deadline to the hole below the shelf. Only seen the shelf produce though. A few fish are rolling in the pool. Saw a few bright nooks rolling around.

On another note. I stopped by the hatchery and had the privilage of watching them stock a holding pond with 150,000 thousand spring nook smolts :smile: . There will be one more stocking of the same amount. The fish and wildlife manager I met while there told me that they generally see about one percent of the 300,000 thousand smolts return to the hatchery. They are now recycling steelies as they only needed eight more hens to meet the three hundred fish required to produce hatchery steelies. Very interesting stuff. I was also informed aobut a change in the fish stock they have been releasing. From what I understand the hatchery has released a different stock of steelie. I forget the river these fish came from. Anyway they are a later returning fish. That is why we haven't seen large numbers of steelies in the river yet. :shrug: He expects them to start showing up in another week or so in larger numbers. Another interesting note. They no longer stock the Clack with trout below River Mill Dam. I knew something was amiss. I used to catch em all the time. That is real sad in my book. I'm sure this is more than you really wanted to know so enough for now.
Bent rods to all. :dance: SPACE

·
Registered
16,612 Posts
Great info Space, Thanks..................

JK

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
It was real real real slow on Sun. It was so slow it hurt and left a mark!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yesterday Adiboy, Ifishsum and myself floated our pontoons from the upper ramp at McIver down to Barton. We saw several places containing steelhead (mainly winter fish), and Adiboy managed to catch one.

(I on the other hand successfully caught a monster 8in trout. Oh, yea, it was a real fight. :-> )

We didn’t spend a lot of time fishing the deeper holes for springers.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Put in at riverside park today. Fished from about 9:00 til 2:00. Fished the fist hole above the park. Caught a 12# nook in the first pass on eggs w/diver. Went up river after an hour. Two take downs and nothing else to show for our efforts. Saw two drift boats and one guide sled. No fish for them either.

SPACE

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I made a trip down there yesterday and fished it with my buddies Nick and Tony. I can't tell you where we were on the river because I don't know any of the names of the places we fished.

We did pretty well, with a mix of chrome summer fish and some bright winter fish......we also picked up a couple natives we released. The river was deserted........I expected more traffic but everyone must be chasing springers. I put up some pics of our day below.

[ 05-08-2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I can't tell you.....don't know the name. We put in at a little park....there was a steel bridge just below the launch and if I remember correctly "the wall" was upstream of the launch.

There weren't a lot of fish, but there were a few scattered about and if you work the water hard you should be able to dredge some up. Hope this helps...........

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
it's not so much where they put in at (Carver) as who they put in with (Nick Amato).
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">You got that right Dave. Ol' Nick is a sidedrifting fool, and he knows how to run a boat. He's a great guy to fish with.

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
Hey Dan, way to go! That is one ugly sweatshirt!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Way to go dudes!

There is sure alot of slashed fish posted this year. Are those net marks? Kinda far back for nets but kinda numerous for seals.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
It looked like seal rash to me......one of them had a pretty good gash in its belly. Didn't seem to slow it down, though......it was one of the scrappiest fish we caught.

I figured you'd like the purple, Neutron. Nobody even tried to toss me in the river down there for wearing it. Hmmmm.....Oregonians must be friendlier than I thought. :wink:

[ 05-09-2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts