IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a customer ask if I would like to take a seat he had open on Terry Mulkey's boat yesterday, to fish the Clackamas. Let's see...free seat on Terry's boat for the day....well O.K I guess. :grin:

We landed 4 Spingers, 3 hatchery fish and a 38 pound native. :shocked: By far the biggest Springer I have ever seen. :cool: Even Terry was impressed.

Thanks for the great job Terry and for the seat Jason

[ 06-05-2003, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Looks like you scored Spooled. :cheers: Sounds like my kind of customer. So was the river kind of low? Were you out of riverside? Any info is appreciated if you havent been sworn to secrecy and aren't going back

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
From the man that just last year said "Springer fish'in....puhhh.." Then he sells his drift boat and buys a new northriver sled and a new northriver drifter. The Golden Boy is coming of age. Now he catches both steelhead and springers. Fall chinook Spooled? :shocked: Coho? :wink:

What no picture of the beast? :grin: Good job on the fish Troy. Hey, I hear Terry actually let ya run the sled too! :shocked:

[ 06-06-2003, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: CATCH AND EAT ]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by garyk:
(eggs & divers, backbouncing, etc?) Thanks!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Yep.Also bring along a few bobbers,jigs, and a few spinners. You may see a few steelies blow thru the tailouts.

Chris

[ 06-06-2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Garyk, we fished from Carver down to the mouth. Used the methods you & FWF1 mentioned.

Catch and Eat, IF there was a picture of this fish, do you think I would be crazy enough to post it here? I am not as crazy as 5 Cents for crying out loud. :laugh: :wink: It might also wake up ****** again. :shocked: :wink:

Yep, Terry let me run the boat at idle through the "duck pond" in front of Clackamette Park. :grin: It was pretty impressive to see Terry run that huge sled up the riffle below the Carver clay bank. Didn't touch a thing. :cool:

·
Registered
17,002 Posts
Spooled, glad to hear you had a great day. We're considering doing a drift this weekend, can you give some hints as to how we should be rigged (eggs & divers, backbouncing, etc?) Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts