IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any steelies or springer action on the clackamas that anyone has heard of........that river seems to be pretty dead............dont know why.....well tight lines till then.......ill be floating from felzheimer to barton.in a white and grey river wolf....

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
I was there last weekend, the fish are there and so are the people. Both aren't as thick as they will be in a few weeks. They are all the way up to Rivermill. There were 15-20 people at Rivermill, 3-4 steelies (chrome bright, one pushing 11-12 lbs.) caught/kept, and 2 springers caught/kept in the two hours I was there. Good luck!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I caught a nice Nate 3 weeks ago...on a Sunday, then on the following Tuesday caught a 27" 9-10lb Hatchery Steelie. Tuesday on a pink jig & bobber setup...Sundays was caught on a purple sinking fly... There are plenty of both species in the river right now....just gotta wake em up!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well we limited on chub....great day on the river, we floated from feldheimer to barton, one fish, 26 inches on the nose, prob 5lbs, if i can figure how to post a pic i will post the pic, other than that slow, not for a lack of effort though, maybe nextime......

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Hey Wolf,

There's a good run of Tui Chub running up there right now! I'm sure you can get into some nice 6-8 inchers! Yeah, can't beat a day of Tui Chub fishing!

:laugh:

Good luck, fishing fool!

:grin:
Sublime

1 - 6 of 6 Posts