IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I talked my dad into fishing with me on the Clackamas. Boat traffic was extremely low. He only had a few hours to fish so we quickly proceeded to one of my favorite spots. I had one come unbuttoned at the boat within a half hour. Shortly thereafter, dad hooked a beautiful bright summer that came out of the water at least 3 feet. He got it to the boat and I crackered it off with the net. :shrug: A little while later, he hooks this nice winter and I was able to redeem myself by actually netting it. The river is still quite high which made anchoring in alot of areas difficult.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Jason, Great job getting the old retired guy out fishing :smile: .He is a great guy.

[ 04-10-2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: firedog ]

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Good job!! Don't worry Jason, you'll get that net thing figured out! :wink: :wink: :grin:

MH

P.S. Jason check your mail

[ 04-10-2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Bankbound ]

·
Registered
370 Posts
God will reward you someday for takin yo daddy fishin. Goooood Boooooy.ha
Come to think of it... You just do a good job of takin us ole farts and gettin us on fish period.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firedog, Yep he's a pretty good guy. I couldn't ask for a better dad. E-mail me with your real name if you get a chance so I can tell him who I've been talking to. Growing up surrounded by Portland firefighters, I can say that I've never known such a great bunch of people. You would have a hard time finding a profession filled with more integrity, loyalty and courage. Let alone how darn fun you all are!

Bankbound, Got your e-mail and am looking forward to our next excursion. Send me a pic of that killer rig you've come up with. Sounds deadly.

JP, Well what can I say? It's part of the community service my PO requires me to do! :grin: :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts